Thank you for your submission!
Some info re prepping for your first session.
It will be a basic fundamentals shoot. Even though you may be a skilled shooter, we will be doing a fundamentals session on day 1 – this is so that we can have a benchmark to take forward as we progress, but also to ensure the instructors see how everyone is handling their firearms. We need to ensure safety at all times, therefore a session like this is of paramount importance.
We also use the benchmark to ensure we progress with each individual. The aim of the course is to grow the individual, to enable them to be prepared to defend themselves and their loved ones, so growth is our key focus. In all areas.
For day 1 you will need
- handgun plus 1 mag
- 50 rounds
- hat, sunscreen, closed shoes, range clothes
- eyes and ears (we do supply these if you don’t have them)
- enough water/fluids – the days are full and long on Lone Operator and you get tired. The day starts at 7h30 and ends 17h00.
- food/snacks to keep going – take note – we don’t do formal lunch breaks, so if you do get an opportunity, throw some scoff down your neck and take water throughout to stay fed and hydrated throughout. Something like nuts and biltong works a charm.
We will also do a fitness benchmark – why? As you go through this course you will understand why we focus on fitness – keep in mind this course is aimed at defending yourself, it is not a fun shooting event. So the whole focus is driven to that. The instructors have lots and lots of real-life experience and we will form the program accordingly.
The fitness benchmark is NOT to disqualify you, but once again a benchmark to be used in evaluations.
So you can show up in PT clothing and dress into range clothing afterwards.
You will be doing
- a 2,4km run
- 2 minutes of situps – to exhaustion
- 1 minute of push ups – to exhaustion (iow your own max)
- pull ups – to exhaustion
- 10 x 25m shuttle runs
The feedback we are receiving from people currently on this course is overwhelmingly positive and we will begin to run an interview video soon. This puts our minds at ease as it shows that we are presenting a course with valued content that helps people to become more empowered.
In the meantime, have a look at this video (a taste of where we go with this course)
For now, this is all, let us know should you have any more questions.